Palmito Pupunha (Palm Hearts) is considered a fast growing palm tree, differs from the others for sprouting abundantly, having good flavour and not oxidizing – it does not darken after being harvested). We have a new brand: Signature.
Among its benefits you will find the low levels of fat, its richness in minerals like zinc and potassium, fibre, B and C vitamins.
It is versatile and tasty, can be included in stews, grills, pie fillings, although it is usually more common to include it in salads.
Palm Hearts Risotto (Suitable for vegetarians)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 vegetable or chicken stock cubes
- 2 cups of arboreo rice
- 5 cups of water (washed and rinsed)
- 2 cups of dry white wine
- 200gr diced and drained palm hearts
- 200gr cream cheese (requeijão)
- 4 tablespoons of parmesan
- parsley to taste
- salt to taste
- In a pan add the water and the stocks and let it boil.
- In another pan/saucepan, sauté the minced onion and the garlic. When golden coloured, add the rice.
- Pour the wine in the mixture, and while mixing, wait for it to evaporate.
- When the mixture is dried, slowly add the broth in the other pan. Mix while the rice absorbs the stock and only then add some more. Repeat this step until having half of the broth.
- Add the diced palm hearts and then proceed to add more broth, the same way as before.
- When there is no more broth, add the cream cheese and delicately mix the rice.
- Add some chopped parsley to you liking and the parmesan. Rectify the seasoning (add salt if needed).
- Decorate with parsley and serve.
Contact us to know more!
Comments are closed.